X-530 Switchyard Facilities
The X-530 Electrical Switchyard Complex is located west of the X-330 Process Building and south of the former X-630 Cooling Towers. This switchyard area, including the switch houses and control house, oil house, the test and repair facility, the valve houses, and oil pumping station, covers an area of approximately 18 acres (660 ft wide and 1,210 ft long).
Switchyard equipment includes power transformers, grounding transformers, synchronous condensers, oil circuit breakers, lightning arrestors, disconnect switches, potential transformers, coupling capacitors, line tuning units, and wave traps.
Completed in 1954
Switchyard 780,000 sq. ft. ; Switchyard Facilities 115,900 sq. ft.